The nameless mascot...

>> Wednesday, March 4, 2009

-Erin

So there we were, in Starbucks, patiently waiting for our vanilla lattes while we perused the latest in classic coffee merchandise. Then it was like a light shone down and the angels of heaven started singing...I looked at him, Anna looked at me. To say it was love at first sight is an understatement. He was mine from the moment I laid eyes on him. The owl of my dreams - clothed in corduroy with shades of brown and orange, the cutest glasses you've ever seen and he was reading a book. PERFECT!

I hesitated. Only because I don't like to impulse buy. But I couldn't help myself. We were meant to be together. And now, we know why - he is our MASCOT! Sitting in the perfect chair, on top of some of our favorite books (Harry Potter mind you), making sure we stay true to ourselves and the books we read.

This might be a LITTLE dramatic, but it's the truth. And I am no woman, if I can't stand behind the truth. Note: his picture is directly to your right at the top of this blog.

So this is where you come in...he still needs a name. The perfect name for the perfect mascot. We want input from our faithful blog readers on what they think would be the perfect name. Please leave us a comment with your choice (chosen from the 4 below) and if you want, tell us WHY you like that name!

Here are your choices:
Clive
Lewis
Thaddeus
Boobook (which is a type of owl)

DISCLAIMER: While your input might sway heavily in favor of one name, we are not bound to choose that name. The ultimate decision will rest with The Sage Room. But please, tell us which name best describes our mascot!

10 comments:

Faith March 4, 2009 at 8:19 PM  

I vote for Lewis. It is a wise name, just perfect for your owl.

Charity McKenzie Shick March 8, 2009 at 8:25 AM  

I was going to say something like what Faith said. I checked out boobook owls and, although a cool name, couldn't find much else to specifically recommend that to naming your book owl.
that said, all the names are good.

John Tidwell March 9, 2009 at 9:16 AM  

He's totally a Thaddeus.

Anonymous March 9, 2009 at 9:49 AM  

Thaddeus fits his studious look and it means "heart". This group is all about heart and so is Thaddeus.

Unknown March 9, 2009 at 9:19 PM  

My vote is for Lewis...What better author to name him after??? My husband votes for Thaddeus...his reasoning is just because he likes the way it sounds...(insert bad british accent here!)

Unknown March 11, 2009 at 1:07 PM  

I'm torn between Lewis and Thaddeus...after looking at him he looks like either one to me. Good luck choosing a name!!

boomer_sooner March 12, 2009 at 2:27 PM  

Thaddeus 500%

jayhawk March 12, 2009 at 2:28 PM  

Thaddeus

boomer_sooner March 12, 2009 at 2:33 PM  

Oh my Gosh he totally looks like a Thaddeus! Lewis is cool and all, but Thaddeus kills it by a long shot!

Anonymous March 30, 2009 at 7:43 AM  

Did you name him? Curious minds want to know???

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP