E's Review - Stormbreaker

>> Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Stormbreaker was described as a young adult book, a modern day Hardy boys.

An hour and a half later, I had hung from a helicopter, swam thru a cave and barely escaped a metal crushing machine that was going to have no mercy on my 14 year old bones. I flew through the pages not completely buying into the plot twists but willing to let the author take me on this adventure all the while remembering I was reading a book geared for boys in their pre and early teens. It was James Bond for young adults. Captivating and engaging, but no Harry Potter. It did not break the barrier into adult fiction, but I, like Anna, overall liked it. And I would definitely recommend it - to my 12 year old nephew.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP