My dilemma.

>> Friday, March 13, 2009

-Erin

I am currently reading a book I started at the beginning of February entitled The Shipping News. I'm not really sure why it has taken me so long to get through it. So far I really like it and the writing style is beautiful. It actually has introduced me to a people and culture unlike any other book I have read. It's just that I find myself only being able to steal 10-15 minutes before I fall asleep to actually read.

And now, I have another book looming over me. Catcher in the Rye is due March 24th. It's official: I hate reading on a deadline. It makes me feel trapped. So here I sit in the middle of one book with another hanging over my head. Do I start Catcher in the Rye or get a move on and finish The Shipping News first?

Do any of you read two books at the same time? I just realized that I never do that. I think I fear I won't finish one if I start another. Oh no! What should I do?

4 comments:

Unknown March 13, 2009 at 12:16 PM  

Hi Erin!

I'm notorious for reading more than one book at a time! Right now I'm in the middle of 3 books. I'm reading: The Middle Place, The Reader and Multiple Bles8ings (the Gosselin story).

I started reading The Reader and made it through the 1st part then I needed a break so I picked up The Middle Place...consequently it's about a woman's battle with cancer and that hit a little too close to home (since my Dad is in the middle of fighting that same battle), so I started Multiple Bles8ings.

I enjoy reading several books at once because it gives me a variety to choose from. If I'm wide awake and in the mood to read I'll choose The Reader, if I'm tired in the middle of the day I'll pick up Jon and Kate's book...if I'm about to fall asleep at night I'll read The Middle Place because it's written in a fun, light-hearted manner.

There's my .02!! Happy Reading!!

Whitney

Erin Conrad March 13, 2009 at 5:33 PM  

Thanks Whitney! That actually helps...

aes March 18, 2009 at 2:11 PM  

E - I am a one book at a time gal. I've tried reading more than one at a go, but it just doesn't work for me. I think it's because if I like a book, I'm totally committed to the characters and just can't switch back and forth. I mean how can I be in love with a vegetarian vampire and also be solving problems on an English farm and also be working for MI6? I'm just not that great of a multi-tasker.

Lisa March 18, 2009 at 2:55 PM  

I'm with Anna---I have trouble transitioning between books. If I'm reading Shopoholic and Sister, Becky Bloomwood is my best friend and there is room for no other. In fact, that's my life right now. Therefore, I don't even have Catcher in the Rye in my possession and book club meets this Tuesday! I've been procrastinating, and today when I called the library, I found that there are no copies within 15 miles of my house. My punishment? I'm going to have to shell out cash at Borders for a book I don't even want to read! (Yes, I'm the one that picked it)

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP