4 days left

>> Sunday, February 15, 2009

Book club is Tuesday night. For Erin and Anna, this simply means a night to anticipate and look forward to. But me, I'm feeling the pressure...because it's my turn to pick! As anyone in a book club knows, picking a book for the whole group to read can be quite daunting. At your whim, your fellow readers will spend the next month either lost in a wonderful new adventure or wading glumly through wasted time. It's up to you to give your best shot at finding the best book EVER WRITTEN. Talk about pressure!

Right now, I'm considering Firefly Lane by Kristen Hannah. I'm in the mood for a book about true, forever friendship and this one comes highly recommended by my dear friend, Cat. Or maybe the first Shopaholic book or Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella (recommended by Whitney!) But I'd really like to go the classic route, though we've read most of the obvious ones (we have a rule---you can't choose a book that anyone has read before). Some possibilities include A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, The Wind in the Willows, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, David Copperfield, Lolita, or Catch-22. And we should probably read The Color Purple at some point. Then there's Honeymoon With My Brother, which looks interesting... Erin, Anna, anyone, any opinions?

3 comments:

Erin Conrad February 17, 2009 at 2:19 PM  

Have you decided yet? I can't wait to find out. Some of those you suggested sound great, but like you said...pressure is ALL yours! ;)

aes February 17, 2009 at 3:22 PM  

Those picks sound fun. I have already read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, so that one is out. Wizard of Oz has been coming up often. I think it only fitting that the girl from Kansas pick it.

Lisa February 19, 2009 at 9:18 AM  

OK, it's between these 5 "classics"--Lolita, David Copperfield, Grapes of Wrath, The Color Purple, and Catcher in the Rye. The final decision will be brought to you tonight at 8pm!!!

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP