The Friday Night Knitting Club (January)

>> Friday, January 30, 2009

-Anna

It is a good thing that I've already tried knitting and know that I'm not good at it. Or rather that I'm not good at teaching myself. Maybe if I had a knitting club… Anyway, it's a good thing because after reading The Friday Night Knitting Club I would otherwise find myself at the check out stand in Hobby Lobby with a basketful of knitting needles and skeins of yarn and a couple of how to books.

So, about the book, I have to say my high expectations were not met. It took me a little while to get into the rhythm of the book, but once I found it, I scooted along pretty quickly through the pages. It was a fun read, but that's about it. I didn't connect with any of the characters. The best thing about the book was the knitting. I did also enjoy the glimpses of life in New York City (especially since we are planning a trip there this year!).

Ach, I couldn't resist! I pulled out the scarf I started knitting about 6 or 7 years ago. The needles were still in it, ready to go. I even knitted a few rows (I remembered how - amazing). It's my first and only project, so the tension in it is all over the place. Hmmm, the characters in this book may not hold a place in my heart, but the yarn, the yarn is calling to me.

1 comments:

Lisa February 3, 2009 at 10:03 PM  

I agree, it was fun to read about NYC and imagine us THERE!!!

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP