A Year of Books in Review

>> Friday, January 2, 2009

-Anna

It is so satisfying to look back on the books we read for 2008. In my opinion, we did an excellent job choosing books from all genres and time periods. Some I enjoyed reading and others I would have relished putting in the garbage bin and lighting on fire (okay, that may be a bit harsh, perhaps it would have been equally enjoyable to just throw them across the room). Anyway, a year of books deserves some sort of review and recognition, so I am going to rate them (0-5) according to how much I liked the book (based on the writing, the story and longevity).

The Red Badge of Courage **
Cold Comfort Farm ****
Poisonwood Bible *
The House of Mirth ***
Rose Daughter **
The Shack
Twilight *****
Murder on the Orient Express ****
Kira-Kira ***
The Daybreakers ***
Code of the Woosters *****
Mr. Ives' Christmas **

Funnily enough, the books I liked the least sparked the most discussion. So, even though there are books on the list I didn't like, I'm still glad to have read them (begrudgingly). Thank you, Book Club, for widening my reading horizons!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP