The Kite Runner - E's Review

>> Thursday, November 12, 2009

The themes alone are not unique. Love and sacrifice. Friendship and betrayal. Guilt and redemption.

And yet this compelling story comes alive as the author weaves the political turmoil of a country known only to me as war torn and extreme into a place of culture and tradition and honor.

I felt physical pain at the betrayal of a friendship and physical relief in the sanctuary that is the United States. I now have a connection to a land that I once only heard about in the news and on TV.

Khaled Hosseini is a brilliant storyteller and there were moments I forgot this was a work of fiction. He made the struggles and triumphs of these characters come to life. He made Afghanistan real.

1 comments:

The romantic query letter and the happy-ever-after November 13, 2009 at 7:37 PM  

A Delicately woven tale and a heartfelt review. I like you site and will be sure to call again.
All the very best

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP