The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society

>> Monday, November 23, 2009

It was witty and enlightening. I was thoroughly impressed with the author's ability to tell an entire story through letters. Super duper impressed to be exact. I can't imagine that would be an easy feat no matter how well you write. Plus I don't think I really knew of the German Occupation of the English Channels during WWII, so I learned something as well. And I am a big fan of learning history through fictional literature. I'm just sayin'. You should read it too.

1 comments:

aes November 23, 2009 at 8:30 AM  

I agree. I went in knowing I wouldn't like the book b/c it was all letters; but it is so well written that I found myself loving it. The characters are fully developed and the story moves along with ease.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP