Agnes Grey--Lisa's Review

>> Tuesday, June 9, 2009

-lisa

Oh, dear Anne, canst thou forgive me for neglecting thee so? Long have the years stretched in which I have loved thy sisters, and knew thee not. My heart yearned for more intrigue, more dark mystery, more winning love, more Bronte. I knew not of thy brilliance, dear Anne. Until now.

Yeah, I loved it wholly and irrevocably. I feel like a treasure trove has been laid at my feet. Why I never thought to read more Bronte, I don't know. Wuthering Heights and Jane Eyre hold two of the top five spots in my literary bosom. Seriously, I am almost as excited as if a new 10-book Lucy Maude series was unearthed (almost, I said). I can't wait to read The Tenant of Wildfell Hall.

Agnes Grey was simple, unpretentious, and heart-warmingly edifying. Agnes herself was real, honest, and believably good in a dismal situation. How my stomach lurched when I thought all was lost, and how my heart cheered to see some good, old-fashioned reaping-what-you-sow. Hooray for Agnes! Hooray for happy endings! Hooray for Anne Bronte!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP