Series Only Break Your Heart

>> Monday, May 18, 2009

-Anna

I read the last words on the last page of The Hunger Games and immediately jump up and run to the computer to get online and see when the next book is due out. I spend the next 15 minutes ranting and raving to my sister because I can't find anything about when the next book is coming out and how authors should not start a series if they can't tell the readers when the next book is coming out. She gets online and finds it in about two seconds. I spend the next 15 minutes moaning because the next book is not due out until January 2010.

I then make the resolution that I am not going to start a series until at least two if not all of the books are out. It's just too hard. I cannot be expected to wait 8 months to find out what happens. But I will. I will wait. I will rush out to buy the book on day one of release. I will then proceed to devour the book like a ravenous beast. And then I will read the last words on the last page and immediately jump up and run to the computer to get online to see when the next book is due out....oh the vicious, vicious cycle of a series.

3 comments:

Erin Conrad May 18, 2009 at 11:14 AM  

What's it about?

Charity McKenzie Shick May 19, 2009 at 11:43 AM  

I don't know Erin personally, but I will have to assume that her picture is as much "her" as yours and Lisa's are each of "you"... which is to say, your personalities totally come through in the poses you decided on.

Lisa May 19, 2009 at 1:14 PM  

i'm so with you. i will never knowingly pick up the first book in a series unless there are at least three or four out there already. i will not let them leave me hanging. i will not!

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP