Happy Mother's Day

>> Thursday, May 7, 2009

-Anna

As Mother's Day quickly approaches, I can't help but think about my favorite literary moms. I've long liked Lillian Gilbreth. Her calm poise, easy sense of humor and timeless ingenuity made her a lovable mom - plus I really like Myrna Loy's portrayal of her in the 1950's movie version. Anne Blythe became the sweet mother she had often longed for. Marmee March certainly deserves mentioning, holding her family together in the midst of war. And even though she is not the ideal model of motherly perfection, I can't help but also think of Mrs. Bennett. What a mother! She is a character I love to hate.

So, Happy Mother's Day to moms everywhere, especially mine - and oh how thankful I am that she is more like Mrs. Gilbreth than Mrs. Bennet!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP