You Totally Can Judge a Book by the Cover!

>> Monday, April 20, 2009

-Anna

Sorcery and Cecelia or The Enchanted Chocolate Pot: Being the Correspondence of Two Young Ladies of Quality Regarding Various Magical Scandals in London and the Country has to be one of the best titles I believe I've ever come across. A friend recommended it, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. If you like Jane Austen and Harry Potter, then you would most definitely find this book, well, enchanting! I mean seriously, what is better than witty verbal sparring whilst magic is flying about? Not much, not much indeed.

3 comments:

Erin Conrad April 21, 2009 at 7:47 AM  

That sounds awesome! I need to make a new list I do think.

Charity McKenzie Shick April 21, 2009 at 11:53 AM  

Seriously, I want to know how anyone has time to read FIFTEEN BOOKS in 4 months. That is unreal to me. Faith had her list on her blog too (I forget how long it was, but I had to ask if by "this year" she mean 2009, not the past 12 months).

aes April 21, 2009 at 12:33 PM  

First of all, I have to read fast if I'm even to come close to catching Kristina. But I do think you can read fiction a lot faster than non fiction. I'm not really reading to retain information, just for entertainment, so I can fly through the details. And also, I have a mix of young adult (which are even faster reads) and adult, so that does kind of up my quota. And, unlike Faith, I don't have an 800 page book on my reading list. All in all, that enables me to read several books a month. I'm sure that will slow down down that summer (aka the busy season) is here.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP