Book it!

>> Wednesday, April 1, 2009

-Erin

Does anyone else remember 'Book it!', the Pizza Hut reading program?

I have no idea what made me just think of it, but I distinctly remember around the time of 3rd grade that I got to participate in this program. I don't remember much except for thinking, I read books and they give me free pizza? Uh, life doesn't get better than this! I would have read anyway so with the program I documented my progress, got to wear a fancy 'Book it!' pin or sticker and was awarded my favorite food. Look out Pizza Hut, I'll take one personal size pizza. And make it pepperoni!

Please tell me I'm not the only nerd out here...

3 comments:

Kim Snare April 6, 2009 at 7:02 AM  

Your mom "books it"!

Charity McKenzie Shick April 6, 2009 at 8:49 AM  

I'm only commenting here because I'm pretty sure if I comment on the post I'm writing about, no one will ever see it. I just now read your reviews of "Catcher in the Rye" and, I have to say, Lisa's description of seeing something in the boy paired with the other two who couldn't stand the book at all have made me want to read this more than any of the books you loved. Maybe that says something about ME though... haha.

Sarah April 6, 2009 at 8:15 PM  

LOVED book-it and the whole button with the stars on it. and i lu-huved Pizza Hut's personal pans. i was totally a book nerd growing up and loving racking up the points!

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP