Anne or Harry?

>> Wednesday, April 22, 2009


-Erin

I first read the Anne of Green Gables series as a young girl and continued to reread them throughout my teen years and even into my adult life. And until my early twenties I would have said, hands down, the Anne books were my favorite series.

And then Harry appeared on the scene. I resisted him at first, but these other two girls in the Sage Room encouraged me to give the books a try. I did and I was hooked. I devoured the first two books in one single day becoming a rabid fan that actually stood in line at midnight to buy the last anticipated book.

So when I ask myself what my favorite series is (it's important for me to have favorites in categories such as books, movies, etc.), I do not have an answer. I am torn between a world of magic and fantasy and one of a life filled with beauty and imagination.

Anne or Harry? Do you have a favorite series?

4 comments:

aes April 22, 2009 at 2:16 PM  

How could I possibly even consider choosing? And I would have to throw The Fellowship of The Rings into that choice of favorite series. Too much. My head is spinning. Please, don't make me choose!

Lisa April 22, 2009 at 3:04 PM  

Anne with an E all the way! Although Harry entertains me and makes me laugh, it is Anne who inspires, delights me, and makes me aspire to be a better person. Anne, hands down.

Unknown April 23, 2009 at 7:11 AM  

I have to agree with Lisa...Anne is my favorite series. The sheer innocence and purity can't be beat. Harry is in my top 3, but Anne holds the #1 spot...

jasmine April 29, 2009 at 6:52 PM  

omg! i am TOTALLY and completely obsessed with both series. i could never choose between them. i cried so hard when i finished the last harry potter. i was so sad to know it was over. SUCH a good series. and anne! oh anne! i love her! i have to read the series from time to time because i start missing her. i actually just restarted it a few weeks ago!

and thank you for your comment on my blog today btw! it's much appreciated! :)

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP