Reader's Block

>> Monday, July 20, 2009

I know, I know. It's only writers who are supposed to get block. They are the ones who stare at a blank page and pray for something brilliant. But no, I meant reader's block. I just haven't been excited about the last couple of books I've read. I'm still way behind on reading Huck Finn. I want to read it, I just don't want to read it. I am in a book funk! Somebody help me. I've sent my husband to the library to pick up Pride and Prejudice and Zombies - will this be the push I need to get me back in the reading groove?

4 comments:

Ceri July 22, 2009 at 2:40 PM  

Oh, I assure you Reader's Block is common. I get it all the time and know I'm not the only one. :-) Can't wait to know what you think of P&P and Zombies.

Charity McKenzie Shick July 22, 2009 at 5:36 PM  

I agree. I get "readers block" when I'm not interested in something. I read 3 or 4 books in like 2 weeks and now am struggling with my book club book - due this sat....

Erin Conrad July 23, 2009 at 6:53 AM  

I'm right there with ya Anna. Can't seem to get the push I need to read Huck Finn. And it's due what, next week? Yikes!

Faith July 23, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

I am struggling to get through a huge book I'm reading right now. The ONLY reason I haven't quit is because my friend would kill me. I am determined to read something lighter next though. Maybe it's summer. I'd just rather be outside running around. Reading is for quiet winter evenings curled up with some hot cocoa & an old quilt.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP