Let's go see the stars!

>> Tuesday, July 7, 2009

-Erin

There are very few books that I will reread but when I do, I open the cover and breathe deeply the scent of familiar words and lines and pages. I revisit the people and the voices of my favorite authors and favorite characters. They come alive once again in my mind and I realize that they were never truly gone. Sydney Carton's sacrifice is real and honest, Anne's whimsical way with words and love is refreshing and uplifting. I may already know the story, but I am there to visit with my old friends.

Then the people and voices are brought to life. And I get to visit with them in a new way. I go to the movies. Sometimes with apprehension, but I still go.

This year I will watch the jagged words Harry Potter appear on the screen with dark clouds behind them and I will get that feeling I know all too well of excitement and tingling. My heart will ache and rejoice because I have missed my friend Harry.

I will reconnect with old friends like Ron and Hermione. But will also have new friends to make in the movies The Road and The Time Traveler's Wife (check out that trailer below).

But dear books do not be jealous, for you first introduced me to these people I know so well and I always come back to you.

**Oops! I tried to add the trailer and it was too big for our blog. Here are the links for all three...


Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince



The Road



The Time Traveler's Wife

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP