In June

>> Thursday, July 1, 2010

-Anna

The Raven Ring by Patricia C. Wrede (YA) is the kind of fantasy young adult that I love to read. The characters were strong and likable. The story line was maybe not totally original, but unique. The thing is, I don't mind predictable as long as the characters and story are good. I mean, sometimes it's okay to know where you are going, as long as the ride is fun. Anyway, I liked it.

Faking It by Jennifer Crusie (Romance) - So, I don't think I've ever read a Romance Novel before. I actually didn't know that this was a Romance novel. I just came across a review of it online, read about 40 pages of it on Google Books and thought it was fun. And it was fun, but reader beware of some adult content. Not anything harlequin (well, at least, I don't think so, since I haven't actually read harlequin), but yeah, if you are used to reading YA and Francine Rivers, it's a little racy.

The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson - after I finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, I really didn't think I could pick up the next installment of the series. It was graphic...too graphic for me. But time passed (and I forgot some things about the book) and the movie came out (which I haven't seen), and I was ready to find out what happened next. The story is compelling, and I like the main characters, Lisbeth Salander and Mikael Blomkvist, but some of the content is disturbing. I probably will read The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest, but I think I'll wait awhile to forget again.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP