Battening Down the Hatches

>> Thursday, January 28, 2010

-Lisa

So if you haven't heard, an ice/snow storm is supposed to hit our little town this afternoon. And Tulsans, God bless em, are in a bit of a frenzy making preparations. With good reason, no doubt, after the storm of '07 left many of us housebound for days and without power for over a week. Grocery stores are running out of staples, hardware stores are cleaned out of generators, and gas stations are flying through propane tanks. But GOOD NEWS--I just checked and the library is not running out of books! I stopped by to grab a few extras in case I get the privilege of doing a little reading by flashlight tonight. I picked "An Old Fashioned Girl" by Louisa May Alcott (hard to believe I haven't already read it), "A Farewell to Arms" by Ernest Hemingway (this month's book club pick), and "If You Give a Mouse a Party" (in case I have company in bed tonight). Ice storm, bring it on! Now I'm ready!

3 comments:

Unknown January 28, 2010 at 1:54 PM  

That is so funny! The kids and I hit the library this afternoon too! Trey found a couple good chapter books, Berstein Bear Books and a DVD...Hunter found some beginning Spanish readers and J, sweet thing, found 3 dvds!! Oh, and I picked up the 7th book of the Love Comes Softly series, they didn't have the 8th, but I've requested it. Stay warm!! And enjoy some reading time!!

aes January 28, 2010 at 1:58 PM  

Go library run! I'm thinking of doing the same. Fingers crossed that the power stays on, though.

Lisa January 28, 2010 at 3:58 PM  

Yeah, Shae wanted to camp in the DVD section as well, but I nixed that one. They have to be returned sooner and have a higher late fee! You're going to get books and you're going to LIKE them, dadgummit!

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP