January's Pick - Review

>> Monday, January 31, 2011

-Anna
Sometimes when I read, I am a part of the story. I am there with the hero or heroine, fighting the fight, or winning my true love's heart, or making my best friend laugh hilarously at a joke only the two of us get. But then there are times, when I am a viewer only, watching the tale unfold.

Reading The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox, I was a viewer only. And I liked it. I let this sad tale, with a dark premise and a somewhat surprising end (even though when you get to the suprise end, you somehow knew it all along) carry me along. I watched the story devolop and deepen with mixed feelings of sadness and horror and approval. And when I got to the end, I was satisfied. This, friends, was a good story.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP