Water for Elephants - E's Review

>> Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Water for Elephants follows the story of a young man who has been hit with some of the worst tragedy you can imagine. In an attempt to forget his past and find himself, he lands a job with the traveling circus. I found this part of the story, the part about carnies and the dark lives that they led, quite interesting. It is a cultural I know nothing about and when the added elements of romance, suspense (note: READ THE PROLOGUE), and animals that seem almost human all come together, I was unable to put the book down.

Sure there were parts I could have done without but that's when my super-mad-fast-reading skills kick in. I flew through those passages barely giving them another thought. And the further away I get from reading the book, the more dreamy it seems. Dreamy in the sense of days gone by in another time and another place.

Plus, when discussed at book club, I am fairly sure I was able to persuade Anna into liking it a little more. Or maybe she just liked MY version of the story. Either way, gold star for me! ;)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP