A Country Doctor, Before Green Gables, Catching Fire, The Kite Runner---Lisa's Concise Reviews

>> Wednesday, December 2, 2009

-Lisa

The Country Doctor--If you love classics, I mean really love them, this one will make you smile. Otherwise, it's a little long and antiquated.

Before Green Gables--If I ranked all the books I've ever read, L.M. Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables series would sit at the very, very top of my long list. This sad, faltering attempt at replicating an original would sit at the very, very bottom.

Catching Fire--Write, Suzanne, write! You have thoroughly captivated and thrilled me with a world I can't stop thinking about. Rarely have I been so convinced of setting, attached to characters, intrigued by plot. I want to shout my praise from the literary rooftops!

The Kite Runner--Every once in a while, you come to a book empty--no knowledge of content, no expectations, no preconceived notions. I did that with the Kite Runner, and I walked away full. Full of appreciation for true friendship and loyalty, full of aching sorrow for refugees and their plight, full of new understanding of a country and people I had previously only known on the news. It's story was my teacher and as it's student, I was moved.

1 comments:

Unknown December 2, 2009 at 5:19 PM  

Lol after the cliffhanger in Catching Fire, I really don't know how I am surviving for book three in the Hunger Games! It is such an awesome book series

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP