Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Eater?

>> Thursday, October 22, 2009

-Anna

I went on a little excursion yesterday to visit a friend and also take in all the wonderful fall colors, or as Charity would say, "go leaf peeping". It was about a 2 hour drive, and since I hadn't started this month's pick, Kite Runner, I thought I'd use my time in the car to listen to part of it on CD. I listened to 6 chapters, which was great b/c it gave me a good start on the book. But I feel a little like I cheated. I mean, I know it isn't like I watched the movie instead, but still, does it count?

Any opinions?





4 comments:

Erin Conrad October 22, 2009 at 11:59 AM  

It still counts. I think it doesn't count when you listen more than you read in total. That's my opinion and I just made it up.

aes October 22, 2009 at 12:20 PM  

So then can I not count the DaVinci Code as a book I've read, since I listened to it all on CD? It almost seems like listening to books needs its own category. HMMM.

Faith October 22, 2009 at 7:45 PM  

When the library has their summer reading program, parents reading to their kids (even if the children are able to read on their own) counts as "reading time".

So, I'm going to vote for listening counting as reading for adults as well.

chrysi November 10, 2009 at 11:27 AM  

Audio books HAVE to count, because as a homeschooling mom of 3, I don't have a lot of time to read what I want. I spend many hours every day reading to my kiddos, then there's the blogs I read, Bible study, news articles, etc. When do I have time to read the fun stuff, the mysteries, the novels? Audio books are my answer! Then I can listen while I fix meals, fold laundry, clean bathrooms, iron, rake leaves or any of the chores that must get done. Suddenly, housework is fun!

So please tell me that Audio books count, 'cause I don't have time to go back and read the 50 or so books I've listened to this year. ;)

(By the way, I'm Erin's friend from high school) Hi, E!

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP